[SOLVED] Question about 3090 FE with my current setup.

Sep 11, 2020
Hello everyone!!

new to Toms Hardware In terms of posting but it has helped me out many times in the past. Currently I am trying to figure out if the 3090 FE will be compatible with my current set up or if I need to make some changes.

case: NZXT H700i
PSU: 850 gold Corsair
CPU: Intel I9-9900 with NZXT cooler
Mobo: ASUS z390 PRIME-A
Ram: 54 GB 3600 tridentZ

Thank you guys so much for your help and hopefully we can find out an answer. Thank you!

Solution
You should be fine. I don't see issues. You have enough power supply and I believe the case is large enough. Just do yourself a favor and look up the dimensions of the card and do some quick measuring (or look up the case dimension specs online).

But I have a different question. Why or better how do you have 54GB of RAM? Or is this a typo and you wanted to write 64?

mjbn1977

Distinguished
You should be fine. I don't see issues. You have enough power supply and I believe the case is large enough. Just do yourself a favor and look up the dimensions of the card and do some quick measuring (or look up the case dimension specs online).

But I have a different question. Why or better how do you have 54GB of RAM? Or is this a typo and you wanted to write 64?

Solution
Sep 11, 2020

hi there, thank you for answering. Yes this was a typo! My bad man! I’ve gotten 5 hours of sleep in the last 3 days traveling for work.

the case is a full size tower so I think it should be okay but I will definitely do some measuring and make sure