Question about a 27 inch monitor

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm looking for a new monitor and i was looking at like a 27 inch 1080p monitor my question is there any problem with the picture like if the windows ui not scaling right or anything

Solution
Eh, it is sort of bad actually. 27 inch at 1080 and you can start to see the pixels again. Doesn't really matter for media consumption or games, but reading text on it can be annoying, and you will notice it in Windows.

If you can afford it and run it, look into 2560x1440p

Still not quite sure when they will catch up with Linux, Mac, and Android when it comes to scaling. Basically have to use the Windows 10 preview if you want 4K support.

bliq

Distinguished
you shouldn't run into scaling problems unless you run the monitor at a resolution other than its native one. so if you run it at 1080p, you should be fine. that said, even at other resolutions, I think MS does a good job of making sure the scaling works well for the most common resolutions that they support.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Eh, it is sort of bad actually. 27 inch at 1080 and you can start to see the pixels again. Doesn't really matter for media consumption or games, but reading text on it can be annoying, and you will notice it in Windows.

If you can afford it and run it, look into 2560x1440p

Still not quite sure when they will catch up with Linux, Mac, and Android when it comes to scaling. Basically have to use the Windows 10 preview if you want 4K support.

Solution

bliq

Distinguished
seeing the pixels isn't really a windows UI scaling issue though, it's more of an image quality thing. but it depends on how close you are to the screen and the quality of the screen. There are pretty nice looking 70 inch 1080p screens but most people aren't looking at it from a distance of 2 feet.