[SOLVED] question about adata sx8200 "cooling"

Sep 11, 2019
hello

I have adata sx8200 pro 512 gb (link) and motherboard msi z390 tomahawk (link) .

After installing the drive, I have put on it Msi's "m2 shield frozr" - apparently it helps to keep low temperature. (its the left one in the picture)

pictures

But I also got heat sink from adata (also in the picture) and I wanted to ask: which one should I use? Which one provides lower temperatures? Also: should I worry about those trails/streaks on my drive? I have used it for 3 months.

Thank you for answering.

Solution
First of all flash memory has a very low thermal output and unless the inside of your case is a literal oven it will be able to radiate its heat just fine without a heatsink or spreader of any kind. If you want to use one that's totally fine just use the one included on the included with the motherboard simply because it will fit bettery
First of all flash memory has a very low thermal output and unless the inside of your case is a literal oven it will be able to radiate its heat just fine without a heatsink or spreader of any kind. If you want to use one that's totally fine just use the one included on the included with the motherboard simply because it will fit bettery

Solution
Agree with LORDPrometheus and I also have the exact same NVMe SSD in the SX8200. I use my motherboards heat sync and it works perfectly. I personaly do not think it really matters but it just looks better with the motherboards heath sync...

Reactions: yhma