Question about Antec 1200 (Or similar?)

Lucrin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Ok so I am building a new i7 system and I am getting the Antec 1200 case. I noticed that the included rear and top fans are wired into 3-way toggle switches for speed and the 3 front fans are wired into turn dials to adjust speed. I was considering also putting a NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller in this but I am not sure what the wiring is like with the built in switches/dials or how difficult it would be to install the fans to the fan controller. Any tips from people who have the 1200 or similar antec series case?

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I think you can only plug 3-pin fans into those types of controllers... Don't quote me on that, but I read a few reviews for controllers like that and i think i saw a few reviewers that mentioned that the fan had to be a 3-pin because it supports RPM reading and control.

Now, I don't know if your case fans are 3-pin... But someone else might know.

Lucrin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
The Twelve Hundred has all 4 pin molex connectors for fans but if you look at that fan controller HERE you will notice it supports 3 pin or molex connections. What I am wondering is what do I have to do to make it so they are not wired to the switches/dials so they can be controlled by the fan controller.