Question about AP

xalyy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2014
Hello guys!
Recently I bought a second router to have wired internet in my other room where is no ethernet port on the wall. I wanted to have 3 wired connections there over wifi using the AP but so far no luck. I was able to get 1 PC working but the other two had no internet connection. Also I couldnt acess the router through the pc that had internet access, while the other 2 had no internet access and I could access the routers website so it was really weird. Im not sure if I doing something wrong but can anyone help me out how to solve this? Thank you!

Solution
the second router is connected to the first router vi wifi or via ethernet cable?

disable on the second router dhcp

on the second router you need to set a different ip, if both routers say 192.168.0.1. one of them must be 192.168.0.2, both can't be .1

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the second router is connected to the first router vi wifi or via ethernet cable?

disable on the second router dhcp

on the second router you need to set a different ip, if both routers say 192.168.0.1. one of them must be 192.168.0.2, both can't be .1

Solution

xalyy

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2014

Second router is connected through wifi. Yes I have set a different lan ip also. Have to disable dhcp though.

Yes. Well I enabled bridge mode and gave the password.
Main router is an ASUS RT-N18U
Second TP-LINK WR-841N