[SOLVED] Question about artifacts

Hallahawk665

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
I was wondering if it's possible for an artifact to be just a small white dot/line that appears once every couple of days for a split second instead of the whole screen having random colors/patterns every couple of minutes for multiple seconds at a time.

Solution
I can't really take a picture of it since it literally only stays on the screen for a fraction of a second, I'm not even sure if it's a hallucination or not because of this lol. I just want to know if it's possible for this to be a hardware failure symptom, since when I look up other people with GPU hardware issues their artifacts are severe but in my case it's only a small white line/dot every couple of days or weeks (that is if I'm not just seeing things lol).
EDIT: It's also always just 1 dot/line and it's not isolated to a single program, and I also saw one while just browsing so it doesn't always happen when the GPU is under high load. And when it's a line, the line doesn't go across the whole screen, it's only a couple of...
Those white dot's,are they only visible when you have white or any bright color on the screen?
List full pc specs.
Have you OCed your gpu?
Ussually artifacts are many white/green/red dots on the screen that stay on the screen,until you ussually turn the pc off,.

Hallahawk665

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
Those white dot's,are they only visible when you have white or any bright color on the screen?
List full pc specs.
Have you OCed your gpu?
Ussually artifacts are many white/green/red dots on the screen that stay on the screen,until you ussually turn the pc off,.
Rtx 2070 mini by zotac
ryzen 7 3700x
24gb 3000mhz ddr4 ram
650w seasonic psu
asus motherboard
I don't know if they were just hallucinations or the white dots/lines were actually there but I just wanna make sure there is no way they could have been artifacts. I played battlefront and minecraft for a good amount of time since I think I saw them with no issues btw.
I also don't have any overclocks, the only thing I changed on the GPU is the fan curve.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Rtx 2070 mini by zotac
ryzen 7 3700x
24gb 3000mhz ddr4 ram
650w seasonic psu
asus motherboard
I don't know if they were just hallucinations or the white dots/lines were actually there but I just wanna make sure there is no way they could have been artifacts. I played battlefront and minecraft for a good amount of time since I think I saw them with no issues btw.
I also don't have any overclocks, the only thing I changed on the GPU is the fan curve.
If you ever experience something like that again,be sure to take a picture of it.

Hallahawk665

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
If you ever experience something like that again,be sure to take a picture of it.
I can't really take a picture of it since it literally only stays on the screen for a fraction of a second, I'm not even sure if it's a hallucination or not because of this lol. I just want to know if it's possible for this to be a hardware failure symptom, since when I look up other people with GPU hardware issues their artifacts are severe but in my case it's only a small white line/dot every couple of days or weeks (that is if I'm not just seeing things lol).
EDIT: It's also always just 1 dot/line and it's not isolated to a single program, and I also saw one while just browsing so it doesn't always happen when the GPU is under high load. And when it's a line, the line doesn't go across the whole screen, it's only a couple of pixels long. Like I said, I could just be seeing things, I wanna know how likely it is or if it's even possible for these to be artifacts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj0gany
EDIT: It's also always just 1 dot/line and it's not isolated to a single program, and I also saw one while just browsing so it doesn't always happen when the GPU is under high load. And when it's a line, the line doesn't go across the whole screen, it's only a couple of pixels long. Like I said, I could just be seeing things, I wanna know how likely it is or if it's even possible for these to be artifacts.
If it were artifacts you would get white/green/red pixels across your whole screen for a long period of time.
I think ur just seeing things xD

Solution