• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Question about ASRock stability

Tschrom

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016
I have a question regarding my motherboard. It's an ASRock extreme4 x570. Does anyone know if ASRock boards are just notoriously unstable or something? My Mobo can't seem to maintain stability with even the slightest settings changes in the bios. If I even think of changing settings, my computer seems to develop instability. For example, I set an XMP profile on my board, it fails to boot. Which is sad for a built in xmp profile. But that's not the best part, the best part is, even after resetting the CMOS, computer instability persisted.

Windows would display strange behavior, like not showing my username at the login screen even though I'm the only user, games would just close out of the blue, programs would fail to start, the start menu restart wouldn't work, the PC would randomly reboot shortly after booting into windows, etc. The only fix, is to flash the BIOS completely. And this is consistent on all bios versions I've tried for the board. 1.3, 1.4, 1.6, 1.7, and 2.6. All required a complete flash even after CMOS reset. All from an XMP profile....

My question is this.... is this normal behavior for ASRock? Does anyone else experience this type of issue when using an ASRock board? I used two ASUS board previously, and I never had issues this terrible on my Crosshair 6 Hero or my generic, mid range ASUS AM3+ board that ran an old FX series CPU. Should I switch back to my x370 Crosshair? Would I lose much performance between the x570 and the x370?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS