question about ASUS Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP

rafin2000

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
recently, i changed to and asus r9270x 2gb. what is the maximum safe temp for this card. i mean the temperature, when exceeded, should start to worry me. my fan speed is at auto(default).
thanks. :)

Solution
GPUs in general can handle some pretty high temps, although it can start throttling at the higher temps. If you've got semi- decent case cooling, depending on your ambient temps, maxed out you will probably be averaging out around 70C-75C. You don't really need to worry about anything under 85C or so, but it will run much better if you can configure your GPU fan profile and case cooling to keep it under 70C.
GPUs in general can handle some pretty high temps, although it can start throttling at the higher temps. If you've got semi- decent case cooling, depending on your ambient temps, maxed out you will probably be averaging out around 70C-75C. You don't really need to worry about anything under 85C or so, but it will run much better if you can configure your GPU fan profile and case cooling to keep it under 70C.

Solution