Question about ATI 6670

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I own a Dell 620, with an i3 2100 cpu, 4gb ram, 1TB hard drive, 300w cpu (I already checked and my GPU fits the requirements), and a ATI 6670 which I just purchased today and put in my computer.

Apparently there is a little red switch near the power cord where the PSU is rougly located, which can switch between '115' and '200' something, 240 I think it was. I believe this is the volt setting for the PSU?

Do I need to switch to the higher setting on this little red switch to accommodate my ATI 6670?

I'm completely lost here..I don't want to ruin my computer.

Solution
Where do you live? I think the USA power grid uses 115V, so use that, otherwise, you will kill your system. DON'T power your system on until I confirm the voltage.

synario

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
It is excellent indeed. ONLY oddity I experienced was I played demo of America's army 3 for the heck of it (only really care about the bootcamp experience), set it to max settings on my 720p screen, and it would sorta lag a little whenever I very rapidly changed the direction I was looking in..

Which is very odd considering that game has notably old graphics..and the crysis demo was able to play flawlessly, not a millisec of lag, on max settings, 720p.

Logically, having a 720p screen makes sense. I don't have to worry about upgrading for a very LONG time..however, I feel like I'm kinda chucking the graphical power of my ATI 6670 by now enjoying it in 1080p, even if I would experienced lower fps... =/

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
The 6670 only has 128bit memory bus, so you can't max out settings in most games. Its a bit bandwidth starved. It runs pretty cool though and hard to beat its performance for the wattage.

Any higher performance card and you'll need a new power supply.