Question Question about aux splitters

KingC12

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
So i bought my entire system a couple weeks back, for general gaming but i also want to get into doing a bit of streaming in my spare time. When I've got everything set up i realise theres a strange echo showing up on my audio input bar. When I've tried to look into it more, ive been changing all my settings around with the filters and things like that, but nothing is seeming to change anything, when loud noises or sharp noises go through my headset it spikes the microphone, ive done all settings with my noise gate and i cant figure it out.

The issue im having is my headset is perfect when i plug it directly into the headset jack, but when i plug in the splitter that came with the headset (corsair hs50) the headset sounds go all over the place, they become none directional and it all goes weird. What could cause this issue? the aux splitter? the mic? the headset? the microphone input jack? is there a way i can trouble shoot them.

KingC12

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
It appears i found out the problem, if i plug the splitter into the back two ports of my computer then it works fine, i just cant have the speakers i use plugged in anymore, but i hardly ever used them anyway so its fine.