[SOLVED] Question about B550 ASUS ROG STRIX F-Gaming's VRM.

Dec 29, 2020
I have a doubt about this motherboard's VRM. I've read in several reviews that the VRM is designed with a 4+2 layout or whatever that means, I know only basic stuff regarding motherboard VRMs.
My main concern is a comment I read in one of those reviews, and I proceed to quote it right now:
" This board has bad designed VRM (4+2).
There is no consumer PSU that can take 150A pulses (triple Vishay SiC639) at 12V.
So this mobo can roast your PSU for you. "
Is this true?, could be this VRM potentially dangerous?.
In my country, this motherboard for some reason is cheaper than other similar options like the Aorus Pro, and it has BIOS Flashback, something that other mobos like the Asrock Steel Legend/Velocita/Extreme 4 do not offer. (And the Aorus Elite only has 4 Sata ports because?)
The CPU that will be used with this motherboard is a Ryzen 5600x, with two old 3200MHz CL16 RAMs.

Anyway that's all, if there will be no issues with the VRM then this will be most likely the motherboard I'm going to buy, but I would rather have some feedback on this.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
I have a doubt about this motherboard's VRM. I've read in several reviews that the VRM is designed with a 4+2 layout or whatever that means, I know only basic stuff regarding motherboard VRMs.
My main concern is a comment I read in one of those reviews, and I proceed to quote it right now:

In my country, this motherboard for some reason is cheaper than other similar options like the Aorus Pro, and it has BIOS Flashback, something that other mobos like the Asrock Steel Legend/Velocita/Extreme 4 do not offer. (And the Aorus Elite only has 4 Sata ports because?)
The CPU that will be used with this motherboard is a Ryzen 5600x, with two old 3200MHz CL16 RAMs.

Anyway that's all...

Anyway that's all, if there will be no issues with the VRM then this will be most likely the motherboard I'm going to buy, but I would rather have some feedback on this.
Thanks in advance.
No issues with that VRM at least not for 6 core Ryzen. OC-ing 12/16 core I would think twice about overclocking them but not with 5600x.

Reactions: Kaldor Draigo48
Solution