[SOLVED] question about BIOS update and any recommendations

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Specs
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 4-Core with Radeon Graphics
Board - MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Memory - G.Skill RipJaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Dual Channel
C: \ Drive - Seagate FireCuda Gaming 2TB SSHD – 2.5 Inch SATA 6GB/s Flash Accelerated for Gaming PC
Power Supply - Thermaltake Smart 430W 80+ White Continuous Power ATX 12V V2.3/EPS 12V Active PFC
Case - Corsair CC-9011075-WW Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower Case, Black

I grabbed 3 of these $11.00
64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive with LED, to do the BIOS flash and install windows 10.

So here's the question I go to the MSI website
download the "AMI BIOS" to my current pc,
unzip it to the flash drive,
plug the flash drive into the motherboards usb port next to the flash button
turn on the power
hit the button wait for the process to complete... Then what's next step?

I welcome any suggestions for GPU and other possible upgrades.

thanks in advance! I should have all my parts by 5/15/2020 of course the board is going to take the longest to get here. I just want to be ready.

Solution
MSI Flash button:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

Usually you won´t need to flash the BIOS of the MAX series motherboard´s to run with the 3rd gen Ryzens. Nonetheless compatibility will be better with the latest BIOS.

after the BIOS update the LED won´t flash anymore, update finished. Power off your PC and install all components. Install windows with a USB flash drive (use the microsoft media creation tool to get an install stick)

upgrades depend on your budget
MSI Flash button:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

Usually you won´t need to flash the BIOS of the MAX series motherboard´s to run with the 3rd gen Ryzens. Nonetheless compatibility will be better with the latest BIOS.

after the BIOS update the LED won´t flash anymore, update finished. Power off your PC and install all components. Install windows with a USB flash drive (use the microsoft media creation tool to get an install stick)

upgrades depend on your budget

Solution