[SOLVED] Question about BIOS update for AM4 Motherboard (Matisse, Renoir, Vermeer??)

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I want to get this Asrock board and either a 5600g or 5700g APU. But if the board ends up needing a BIOS update to recognize either of those chips, what is the cheapest CPU I can buy (used of course) to do the update?
This page refers to needing a "Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU" to perform the update. What are they?

Solution
I want to get this Asrock board and either a 5600g or 5700g APU. But if the board ends up needing a BIOS update to recognize either of those chips, what is the cheapest CPU I can buy (used of course) to do the update?
This page refers to needing a "Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU" to perform the update. What are they?
Who are you buying the board from? the best thing would be to ask them to update the BIOS to the latest for the board for you.

You don't have to buy any processor...AMD will loan you one.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-105
Who are you buying the board from? the best thing would be to ask them to update the BIOS to the latest for the board for you.

You don't have to buy any processor...AMD will loan you one.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-105

Solution

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Oh. I didn't know that the AMD CPU loaner program was still in effect. I thought that was just a one-time thing for the early Ryzens. Thanks.
Board will come from Newegg as will the CPU. (Unless Amazon is considerably cheaper)

Btw, the earliest BIOS that recognizes the Cezanne APUs is dated Mar 5, 2021 for that board. I read some of the Newegg Q&A from buyers, and they all seemed to have gotten boards with BIOSs that recognized the 5000 series Ryzens. And those Q&A were from the summer. So, I'm hopeful, but still wanted to know my options.

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Just a follow up on the 5600G/Motherboard discussion in case anyone else is following this thread. I just got my parts delivered and did a quick bench test. The board ended up having the very latest BIOS out-of-the-box. Wow! So, no problems. Thanks for all the replies and help.
Btw, received the parts from NE the day after ordering! Never had that kind of delivery time from NE before.

Reactions: larkspur