[SOLVED] Question about BIOS updating

Vitric9

Distinguished
Hello my question is about BIOS updates, as you may have guessed from the title of the thread. I have the Brenamer from 2012 which worked with my Z77 board and i cannot find a newer version of Brenamer. If i use this 2012 version of Brenamer with the Z97 grpyhon BIOS .cap file will this brick my MB or will everything be okay?

P.S. please feel free to ask me for further details and links to these Asus pages.

Solution
Really. I never even considered that notion that it was not necessary. I guess think that way can be like tunnel vision. Thank you for helping me. I think my confusion may come to an end, or something very close to that. Also the motherboard i was reffering to was ASUS GRYPHON Z97.

The latest Bios is 3503 however it is a BETA Bios so I recommend version 2801 first for better system stability. If you have issue with 2801 then try the Beta version.
Download the Bios file from here: https://www.asus.com/au/supportonly/gryphon_z97/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Unzip the file if zipped and rename to Z97GP.CAP then transfer the file to an empty USB that is formatted to FAT32 single partition.
You have flashback on your rear IO panel so...

Vitric9

Distinguished
Shoot , i forgot to check back here. sorry. I am only assuming i need to use the BIOS re-namer tool. So not exactly certain what to do since finding these is not as cut and dry as it was for Z77. The Asus tutorial did mention a BIOS preperation tool but i can't seem to find one available for download.

Vitric9

Distinguished
Really. I never even considered that notion that it was not necessary. I guess think that way can be like tunnel vision. Thank you for helping me. I think my confusion may come to an end, or something very close to that. Also the motherboard i was reffering to was ASUS GRYPHON Z97.

The latest Bios is 3503 however it is a BETA Bios so I recommend version 2801 first for better system stability. If you have issue with 2801 then try the Beta version.
Download the Bios file from here: https://www.asus.com/au/supportonly/gryphon_z97/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Unzip the file if zipped and rename to Z97GP.CAP then transfer the file to an empty USB that is formatted to FAT32 single partition.
You have flashback on your rear IO panel so power down your system and insert the USB into the appropriate port as per page 2-11 in your manual and follow carefully the instructions for flashback.

Solution

Vitric9

Distinguished
My apologies for my late reply. Know that I appreciate the comprehensive answers and replies to my questions. Truly. As much as i do enjoy discussing hardware i feel that there is not much left to discuss in this regard. Again thank you.