[SOLVED] Question about BIOS version with ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 paired with AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Guccccci

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
Hello all,

I am switching from intel to Ryzen CPU.

I just received the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard, and the BIOS version is 1.10 according to the sticker. Looking at other results online, I would at minimum need to have BIOS version 1.20, and would be best to update to the latest BIOS version when using the AMD Ryzen 7 5800x.

However, I don't have an older ryzen CPU to update the bios. Would I still be able to use the 5800x on BIOS version 1.10 to get to the BIOS screen, and then update to the newest version from there?

Solution
Hello all,

I just received the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard, and the BIOS version is 1.10 according to the sticker. Looking at other results online, I would at minimum need to have BIOS version 1.20, and would be best to update to the latest BIOS version when using the AMD Ryzen 7 5800x.

However, I don't have an older ryzen CPU to update the bios. Would I still be able to use the 5800x on BIOS version 1.10 to get to the BIOS screen, and then update to the newest version from there?
According to https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS it needs at least BIOS 1.2 but MB doesn't support flashback or emergency flash so compatible CPU has...
Hello all,

According to https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp#BIOS it needs at least BIOS 1.2 but MB doesn't support flashback or emergency flash so compatible CPU has to be used.

Solution