Question about BIOs

I have an 8400 and see there is a new A05 Bio available. However I see
everything seems to indicate I need to use a floppy to do the flash. I don't
have a floppy on my system but do have a DVD/CD burner. I've also never
flash bio before and don't want to screw it up so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Thanks

Joe Cilinceon

You want help?

1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2. Let sleeping dogs lie.
3. Are you having any hardware issues with your 8400?
4. Is there something in the written description of the A05 BIOS upgrade that
leads you to believe it will add a feature you want to have or it will correct a
problem you have encountered?
5. Intel now makes its BIOS upgrades available in both diskette (command line
DOS) and Windows-executable versions. Dell may be doing this also.
6. Carefully scrutinize the written materials from Dell explaining how to
upgrade the BIOS, and determine exactly how the BIOS upgrade software does its
job. Then go ahead and do it, if it will benefit your system.

.... Ben Myers

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:55:48 -0500, "Joe Cilinceon" <jfc@direcway.com> wrote:

>I have an 8400 and see there is a new A05 Bio available. However I see
>everything seems to indicate I need to use a floppy to do the flash. I don't
>have a floppy on my system but do have a DVD/CD burner. I've also never
>flash bio before and don't want to screw it up so any help would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>--
>Thanks
>
>Joe Cilinceon

Thanks Ben I got it done. It is a Windows upgrade and a simple took only a
couple of seconds. It does correct a problem needed.

--

Joe Cilinceon