[SOLVED] Question about bottleneck(cpu)

Jun 7, 2020
Specs: i5 7400 3ghz processor, 8 gb ram and 1050ti 4gb gfx card. Monitor res: 1366*768 windows 10 version 1809

I am new to pc gaming and building so please go easy one me. I recently bought a rtx 2070 super.Unfortunately, i found out that my cpu will bottleneck the rtx a lot. Now here's a question, with my current spec i run Dark soul 3 at 60fps without any issue. If i replace my 1050ti with the rtx 2070 super will it cause fps drop or stuttering due to bottleneck?(Resolution is still 1366768) If add another 8gb ram with rtx 2070 super will it remove any bottleneck? My target is 1366*768 with high/ultra graphics 60 fps with no stutter. (will bottlneck cause games that i could run 60 fps no stutter before to lag or stutter? this is my main question)
Sorry for so many question at once. Any help would be appreciated. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Solution
bottlneck calculator, https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i5-7400/GeForce_RTX_2070_SUPER/0Lf14olu/8/ . Unfortunately i didnt knew about sites like these or about bottlenecks before i bought the card :(
1. That tool is absolutely useless. It has no connection with reality. Pure snake oil. It needs to disappear.

2. The concept of "bottleneck" is sorely misused and misunderstood. Swapping in a better component does not reduce the system performance. It is entirely possible to have a "higher bottleneck" number reported by sites such as that, AND have increased performance.
It simply means there is a greater performance difference between the two parts.

Put in that new GPU, enjoy the increased performance, and ignore...

USAFRet

Titan
bottlneck calculator, https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i5-7400/GeForce_RTX_2070_SUPER/0Lf14olu/8/ . Unfortunately i didnt knew about sites like these or about bottlenecks before i bought the card :(
1. That tool is absolutely useless. It has no connection with reality. Pure snake oil. It needs to disappear.

2. The concept of "bottleneck" is sorely misused and misunderstood. Swapping in a better component does not reduce the system performance. It is entirely possible to have a "higher bottleneck" number reported by sites such as that, AND have increased performance.
It simply means there is a greater performance difference between the two parts.

Put in that new GPU, enjoy the increased performance, and ignore misleading sites like that.

Solution
Jun 7, 2020

Put in that new GPU, enjoy the increased performance, and ignore misleading sites like that.
Thank you very much!! :)