nguyencongthienvu

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Hi everyone i have confused about bottleneck i have sample
  1. CPU load 100% GPU load <50% => bottleneck
  2. CPU load 50-75% GPU load 99%
  3. CPU load 45% GPU load 50%
  4. CPU load 75% GPU load 80%
So 2,3,4 which bottleneck ? thank you .I have G3240 and gtx 1050ti asus cerberus 4gb oc and will change to i7-4790

Yes only the first is considered by most as a bottleneck.
In reality you always have a bottleneck in any system,yes GPU load 100% when the CPU load is only 50% or <50% is also a bottleneck because the GPU is holding back the CPU.
The other two options are also bottlenecks but they are not between the CPU and the GPU,in those cases the game bottlenecks because it is using too little of the CPU,this happens with single threaded or low thread (2-4) count games you get low FPS due to the CPU which means that the GPU is also underutilized.

nguyencongthienvu

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Okay thanks very much because i play the sims 4 will be like 1, rome 2 total war will be 2 or 3 or 4 depend battle, war thunder will be 2 or 4 some time 3. I just confused if 2 3 4 make fps drop ^^

The numbers or some sort of 'magic CPU/GPU usage ratios' alone with no context are just short of pointless....

Many perfectly fine 4c/8t CPUs and 6c/6t cpus (7700K, 8400, 8600K) are absolutely going to show 100% CPU usage in many modern games with good or mid-range GPUs...

Likewise, many Ryzen R7-2700s will absolutely show lower cpu usage for their 16 threads, but this does not mean anything is wrong either..or even vastly 'better'....it just simply 'is' ...and normal in most games today.

These goofy usage ratios cause many folks to begin troubleshooting hoping to 'repair' systems based solely on 100% CPU usage or even 100% GPU usage, with little thought to actual delivered framerates at a given res with a given refresh rate, or even what game is being played , etc.. (some newer games such as BF1 or BF5 can be GPU limited even at 1080P with max details/textures, while many older games are not as GPU intensive on a GPU at 4k...)

The delivered famerates will tell the tale. A 2080Ti with a 7700K should deliver results similar to those achieved by various testers on Youtube...if someone gets only 35 fps in BF1 , ....there's an issue! :)

TRENDING THREADS