Question Question about choosing between Asus PA329Q and PA32UC. Which is better for Photography/Editing?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Hi I was looking for opinions between these 2 displays.

Asus PA329Q and PA32UC. Which is better for Photography/Editing? I see that the UC has an AHVA IPS vs the PA329Q's IPS.

I heard that AHVA doesn't have as good colour reproduction, but I wasn't sure if that was still the case because the specs show it having a slightly bigger gamut volume, but I don't know about its colour accuracy. I do game, but not a lot anymore and I don't play very much FPS PVP.

My main concerns are colour accuracy, contrast ratio (without Dynamic Contrast) and screen uniformity. I do see that the UC seems to have more local dimming zones then the 329Q, but I wasn't sure about the SPEED of it's implementation and I don't even know how many zones the PA329Q has to be honest. The 329Q's dynamic contrast is very VERY slow, which I find, makes it useless. Also when photo editing you generally want consistent brightness, but good contrast ratio, so unless the UC's dimming is a lot faster, I would probably not use it. Also I see that the UC has HDR, where as the Q doesn't. Kinda seems like a tough toss up choice.... :/

Could really use some opinions on this one.

Thanks!

DM