[SOLVED] Question about connecting a DC-DC converter to Power supply

Solution
It only outputs what you draw from it.
If nothing is hooked up to it....it is outputting 0 watts.
Theoretically it CAN output 600w if you draw that much from it but only if you draw that much from it.

As far as safety....the highest voltage involved should be no more than 22 volts.....so from a "getting shocked" standpoint....you won't get shocked (unless you did something like touch your tongue to it....lol).

As far as testing the output voltage....you can use any multimeter......make sure it's set to Volts DC.
Mar 10, 2020
Awesome. Are there any safety things I should worry about when testing the output voltage? I'm not positive how the wattage of a PSU works but in my mind it shouldn't be outputting 600w at all times, only when under load right?

It only outputs what you draw from it.
If nothing is hooked up to it....it is outputting 0 watts.
Theoretically it CAN output 600w if you draw that much from it but only if you draw that much from it.

As far as safety....the highest voltage involved should be no more than 22 volts.....so from a "getting shocked" standpoint....you won't get shocked (unless you did something like touch your tongue to it....lol).

As far as testing the output voltage....you can use any multimeter......make sure it's set to Volts DC.

Solution