Question about connections

beefboy2

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2013
I have 2 cords coming from my new Azza Solano 1000 labeled Ac'97 and HD audio, and am not sure where to plug them in, my motherboard is DH57M01 YD0213, the connections that make most sense on the mother board would be F_audio1 and SPDIF OUT2, but im not sure.

Solution
HD Audio has replaced the older AC97 standard. It provides better quality, auto sensing and detection when things are plugged in and better surround capabilities. Your MB supports HD Audio so use that "cord". Here are the specs. from Dell for your system (ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_studio_xps_desktop/studio-xps-8100_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf) board. If the connections you are making go from the MB to the front audio jacks, I am betting it is the audio 1.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
HD Audio has replaced the older AC97 standard. It provides better quality, auto sensing and detection when things are plugged in and better surround capabilities. Your MB supports HD Audio so use that "cord". Here are the specs. from Dell for your system (ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_studio_xps_desktop/studio-xps-8100_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf) board. If the connections you are making go from the MB to the front audio jacks, I am betting it is the audio 1.

Solution