Question question about corsair h150i pro cables

Feb 17, 2019
so the h150i pro has a sata power cable, a usb cable, a 3 way pwn fan splitter, and a cpu fan cable. My problem is with the cpu fan cable. Aren't most coolers supposed to be PWM these days? The cpu fan cable is a three pin cable which is not PWM and is suppose to plug into the cpu fan header on the mobo. This creates 2 problems

1. Shouldn't this be PWM? I don't want the pump spinning at max all the time
  2. My mobo has no 3 pin fan header (which mobo has that now a days???) where do I plug the 3 pin cpu fan cable coming off the pump?

Lutfij

Titan
The 3 pin cable is the Tach cable which sends telemetry data to the block. You're good to go, by connecting that 3 pin to the CPU_Fan header. In fact the PWM fan splitter compensates the need to run more off the single CPU_Fan header.

Feb 17, 2019
The 3 pin cable is the Tach cable which sends telemetry data to the block. You're good to go, by connecting that 3 pin to the CPU_Fan header. In fact the PWM fan splitter compensates the need to run more off the single CPU_Fan header.
ok so is the aio PWM? Also WHERE do I plug the 3 pin cpu fan cable? Like I said my mobo ONLY has 4 pin PWM fan headers and one of them is labeled CPU_Fan, but still, it's a 4 pin

pdegan2814

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
so the h150i pro has a sata power cable, a usb cable, a 3 way pwn fan splitter, and a cpu fan cable. My problem is with the cpu fan cable. Aren't most coolers supposed to be PWM these days? The cpu fan cable is a three pin cable which is not PWM and is suppose to plug into the cpu fan header on the mobo. This creates 2 problems

1. Shouldn't this be PWM? I don't want the pump spinning at max all the time
  2. My mobo has no 3 pin fan header (which mobo has that now a days???) where do I plug the 3 pin cpu fan cable coming off the pump?

All of the Corsair coolers with the "i" after the model number are set up to be controlled by their software. Originially it was Corsair Link, but now they use Corsair's iCUE software which can control pretty much all your Corsair components. You'll see a cable coming off the pump block that has three 4-pin fan sockets, you plug the H150i's fans into those. You connect the SATA power connector to your power supply just like you would for a hard drive, that's what will power the whole unit. You connect the USB cable from the pump to a USB header on your motherboard. That is what lets the Corsair software talk to the H150i Pro. Now, that last 3-pin connector is there because if your motherboard doesn't get a signal from the CPU_FAN connection, it assumes your CPU isn't being cooled and won't let you run the computer. The CPU_FAN connector on your motherboard will be a 4-pin, but you see that little flat piece next to the pins? Old 3-pin cables use the three pins next to that flat piece, the fourth pin was tacked on the side. Just line the 3-pin connector up with that flat piece and it'll slide on just fine. The motherboard won't actually be supplying power to the H150i, all that connector does is report back to the motherboard(I think it actually sends back the pump RPM, not the fan RPM) so it doesn't freak out.

If you don't install the software, or if you don't connect the USB cable, the H150i will just run at its default profile, which is actually fine for most people. But if you're going to be overclocking or running the system hard, you'll definitely want to install the iCUE software. It will let you configure speed profiles for the fans and the pump, and control the RGB lighting on the pump.

Reactions: vMax
Yep, just to confirm, it send the tach signal so RPM speed of the pump. And yes it fits to the 4 PIN CPU port on the motherboard. To control the speed of the Fans and pump, you do that through Corsair iCue. I have the Corsair H150i Pro. Just be aware that iCue can sometimes be a pain but in general it is a lot better now.

Opps just realised how old this thread is...