Question Question About Corsair Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel Schnee

Honorable
Nov 1, 2017
Dear Tom,

Back in 04/29/2011 I bought a "Corsair TX650W 650-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 120mm Fan, SLI-Ready, SATA-Ready, 80Plus" power supply on ebay. It has served me well all these years. But, lately, my computer has experienced problems. Like shutting down, overheating, and etc.. I have come to the conclusion that the power supply is worn out.

I have decided to replace it. The one I bought on ebay is non-modular. I have decided to buy a modular one this time. It is listed on ebay as "CORSAIR TX-M Series TX650M CP-9020132-NA 650W ATX12V v2.4 / EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOL". That should mean a whole lot less non-connected cables crammed into my PC.

What I want to know is...

Does the modular one have the same power connectors? It won't be any use if I can't connect it to my EVGA NVIDIA video card. If it doesn't, I'll have to get another non-modular one. I really don't want to do that. If it does, then everything is fine.

Output plugs on all ATX PSUs are the same, no matter modular or not. The only difference is amount of various connectors. Ok, with the exception of floppy disk connector which probably your old TX had and new one certainly does not. But I guess you don't need it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.