Question question about cpu and ram speed

May 7, 2023
Hello, I currently have an amd ryzen 3 3200g processor, and on the amd website it says that it runs at 2933MHz, I also have 2 3200MHz RAM, the problem is that my asus prime a320m-k motherboard says on its website that it supports 2666MHz and then it says that it supports 2800MHZ (O.C) and 2933MHz (O.C) what I would like to know is if it is safe to set the speed to the speed of the processor, and not have any problem with my motherboard, thank you very much

May 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for the motherboard, then you'll be able to run the rams at DDR4-3200MHz. How old is the motherboard? Do you have optimal airflow going across the VRM's for the motherboard/ram?
Thanks for the welcome, I just checked my version of the Bios and I see that this year they released an update so I'm going to update it immediately, I checked on the internet and the motherboard came out in 2017 but I bought it in 2021, and regarding Regarding the ventilation, I have 2 inlet fans in the front part of the case and one outlet fan in the back, in addition to the processor heatsink, and regarding the speed, I have another question, I must put the speed 2933MHz in the Bios or I must activate the DOCP? Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS