Question about CPU voltages and XMP

Sep 13, 2018
I'm not very clued up on this sort of thing, but I just wanted to clarify whether this was okay:

I'm running and i5 6600k 3.5ghz on an ASUS Z170A motherboard with 2 sticks of 8gb DDR4 Ram.

My BIOS Settings are set to default optimized with no overclock however my XMP profile 1 is enabled, which seems to allow the CPU to turbo boost to a clock of 3900mhz with a varying voltage and i'm told fully utilizes the RAM's potential speeds.

Is it normal for my CPU Core voltage to average @ 1.29V - 1.30V at a clock of 3900mhz when the PC is under load, or could this potentially damage the hardware?

Solution
Perfectly safe, and 100% normal. You wouldn't need to really worry about damaging electrical loads (Thermal compliance might be a different story, depending on what cooler is being used) until CPU core voltage gets up around 1.45v (If overclocking).
Perfectly safe, and 100% normal. You wouldn't need to really worry about damaging electrical loads (Thermal compliance might be a different story, depending on what cooler is being used) until CPU core voltage gets up around 1.45v (If overclocking).

Solution