Question about Cpu's and Gaming

CptFishy

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Well you see there is this game coming out (X Rebirth) that i am supper pumped about but there is one thing that i am worried that will be a major bottleneck...my cpu. When i was building my rig i was on short budget being young, and my cpu (i3 2100) was the best i could get. All my other components exceed the recommended requirements except the cpu, its pass min. How badly will this affect the game if it is pass min but not at recommended???

Solution

I think if you have any issues at all it would probably just be a dip in fps, when the CPU might have a hard time delivering data fast enough for your gpu, but it's going to be playable, for sure. The i3 is still a very decent low end cpu even for gaming. Once you get the game and tweak the graphic...

CptFishy

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Thanks for the response, as said my GPU passes the recommended requirements, ram too. Since its just the cpu between min and recommended would that suggest that high would be ok except if there is a ton of ships being processed on screen and in that case the fps might drop a tad but not too severe. Sorry for all the added questions but im thinking about pre-ordering but its the first game i have had doubts about if i could run it.

ACTechy

Distinguished

I think if you have any issues at all it would probably just be a dip in fps, when the CPU might have a hard time delivering data fast enough for your gpu, but it's going to be playable, for sure. The i3 is still a very decent low end cpu even for gaming. Once you get the game and tweak the graphic options you should be able to find a sweet spot that works for you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS