[SOLVED] Question About CPU's Without Integrated Graphics

Sep 23, 2020
Hey guys. First post and new to forum so I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm building my first computer, and after putting everything together (plugging an HDMI into my motherboard) and turning it on, everything seemed fine except my motherboards LED's lit up on "CPU" and "VGA" (Mostly On VGA). There was no display and it wouldnt post, yet I come to find out after troubleshooting a bit that my motherboard has 2gb of onboard graphics ...ect. , but my processor doesn't have integrated graphics so there's no use without a GPU. I have a GPU on its way, but my questions are:

1* does this mean that the 2 GB of onboard graphics for my motherboard is useless in everyway because all the of it will be handled by GPU?

2*If i get a processor with integrated graphics will it work together with a GPU that i add into it?

3*Do you really believe this is the problem of why it wouldnt post or display anything?

SPECS:
MOBO:MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
PROC: AMD RYZEN 5 3600X
RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE 3200 <32GB>
CASE: COUGAR PANZER S
PSU: ROSEWILL 750W 80+GOLD
6 CORONA RGB FANS WITH LIGHTING CONTROLLER

Solution
"yet I come to find out after troubleshooting a bit that my motherboard has 2gb of onboard graphics"

No it doesn't. Mobo manufacturer's stopped fitting onboard graphics quite some time ago.
As more and more CPUs with integrated graphics were launched, and since gaming really became a big thing, onboard graphics became pointless.
"yet I come to find out after troubleshooting a bit that my motherboard has 2gb of onboard graphics"

No it doesn't. Mobo manufacturer's stopped fitting onboard graphics quite some time ago.
As more and more CPUs with integrated graphics were launched, and since gaming really became a big thing, onboard graphics became pointless.

Solution