[SOLVED] Question about DISM tool

Lv 88 Mog

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2016
Ok, so I have been using sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, maybe once a week? For some reason, I always remember it saying no violations and no restoration necessary.

However, over a week ago, I was playing a heavily modded game and my PC froze...I couldn't close the program, but I could reach the ctrl+alt+del menu and so I fixed it by signing out of my windows account and back in. However, when I ran sfc /scannow, it said that some along the lines of there were some errors but they were successfully repaired. Then I ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it said "restoration operation completed." So, I'm assuming a couple things needed to be repaired because of abruptly crashing and signing out of my account....

Anyway, ever since that happened, whenever I run sfc /scannow, the operation SEEMS to take longer than usual. Still, it so no violations detected, so I guess I'm good? But here's my question....

Whenever I run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, it says "The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully" EVERY time I run it. I ran it twice today and got the same message. Again, I thought it used to only say "operation completed successfully" but now it says "restoration completed" every single time..... Is my memory just off and it is supposed to say that every single time? Or is this something I need to worry about - like an error that Windows notices, tries to fix, thinks it has fixed, but actually hasn't fixed....