Question Question about display on laptop

Apr 3, 2019
Hey im thinking of buying a MSi GF62 with a 1050Ti hes asking 650$ for it but the only issue i see is that the msi website says 170° Viewing angle and idk if thats an IPS or TN panel. Im coming from a macbook pro retina switching over to PC. Im a photographer and need accurate colors/viewing angles similar to my macbook so i can get the colors right. and also form time to time game (thats why i went PC) for the processing power since my mac wasnt cutting it Ok so my question is, is 170° viewing angle bad? is it an ips display? or should i go look for something else. id be driving out 3 hours to pick this up and i dont want to waste gas or time out there so maybe one of yall know?

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You're going to have to research in more detail for the full specifications of your MSI GF62. Most importantly would be what type of screen panel it comes with. There is a difference between IPS vs TN vs VA panels and pixel density as well. For viewing angles obviously the larger the angle the better experience for the user, especially if you are going to be doing extensive work relating to color depth and contrasts.

From a quick google search it looks like it sells anywhere from 800-1100 so do your research and test it out fully when you meet that person to make sure there's nothing wrong with it. Good luck!

The MSI GF62 series could comes with either, TN and IPS panels.

180° viewing angle is the maximum viewing angle on a flat display, so 170° is very good.
Just because a display has good viewing angles does not automatically means that the color accuracy or picture quality are good.

Reactions: Alixsnaps