[SOLVED] Question about DLSS

Nov 15, 2020
Hi,

I'm currently in the market for a new GPU. I have a backorder on the RTX 3080... But the RX 6800 XT looks very interesting too, apart from the not having DLSS part.

My question basically is: Is DLSS actually that big of a deal, is it available in a lot of games..? And is it even worth considering NVIDIA over AMD for?

Solution
Hi,

I'm currently in the market for a new GPU. I have a backorder on the RTX 3080... But the RX 6800 XT looks very interesting too, apart from the not having DLSS part.

My question basically is: Is DLSS actually that big of a deal, is it available in a lot of games..? And is it even worth considering NVIDIA over AMD for?

When it is available, it is a very big deal. I personally will continue to stick with Nvidia GPUs because of (among other reasons) superior ray tracing performance and DLSS. If you don't think that'll matter to you very much, either one should be fine.
Hi,

When it is available, it is a very big deal. I personally will continue to stick with Nvidia GPUs because of (among other reasons) superior ray tracing performance and DLSS. If you don't think that'll matter to you very much, either one should be fine.

Solution