Question about downloaded Win 7 Pro 64-bit install on SSD

tpallred

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
Seems like W7Pro retail version runs about $140 but downloaded ISO versions are as low as $58. I want to install this on a new system with SSD drives. I see various threads about doing that (install on SSD) so my main question is about potential reinstalls and system recovery/repair. Can I just burn the ISO on a DVD and use that for install/repair/reinstall or do I need to spend the extra bucks for the retail package?

Solution
so long as you have a valid key, it does not matter how you get the install files. downloading and burning an iso is the same as having a retail dvd. so if its cheaper for the download version, then go for that one. burn it and install away :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
so long as you have a valid key, it does not matter how you get the install files. downloading and burning an iso is the same as having a retail dvd. so if its cheaper for the download version, then go for that one. burn it and install away :)

Solution

tpallred

Reputable
Mar 28, 2015
https://softwareplaza.com/microsoft-windows-7-professional-32-64-bit-full-version-sp1-1241.html

They claim to be selling the official product with a valid key. Customer comments are all favorable. Money back guarantee and Paypal payment option for extra protection. I'll do some googling to see if there are any bad comments. If anyone has any bad info on them, please speak up.

EDIT: Found a couple of complaints about them issuing already-used license keys. So much for that. At least my question about downloads vs. retail box products was answered. Thanks all.

EDIT2: http://www.tek-micro.com/microsoft-windows-7-pro-32-64-bit-download-1-user/
Found another cheap vendor with excellent ratings by 3rd party organizations. Will probably give them a try using Paypal if I don't find anything bad.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
better safe than sorry :) would suck to pay the price and find out the key is not valid or pirated. can think of it this way, you get not only win 7 but also win 10 within a year if you wish. so like 2 for 1 deal. helps to find the silver lining ;)