[SOLVED] Question about drivers before upgrading

tyr0n3

Commendable
May 2, 2018
I was wondering if I needed to do anything like completely wiping my SSD before starting to upgrade because of conflicting drivers. I'm changing the MOBO, CPU,GPU and PSU. Or do I just wipe them after upgrading I'm confused

Solution
I don't really understand. So I should reinstall windows when I have the ssd in the new system? then wipe the ssd on the OS installer menu. then download the new drivers.
Find all the drivers you need now, before the OS install. Particularly the LAN driver.
Save them on a flash drive.

Put the system together, and simply do a fresh install. Deleting all partitions in the process.

Also....
For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Lutfij

Titan
You should reinstall the OS on your SSD if you're recycling it from an older system. You can use the installer for the OS to format/delete the partitions before starting anew. Download the drivers in advance onto a removable storage device like a pen drive and once you've finished installing the OS, manually install any and/or all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

tyr0n3

Commendable
May 2, 2018
I don't really understand. So I should reinstall windows when I have the ssd in the new system? then wipe the ssd on the OS installer menu. then download the new drivers.

USAFRet

Titan
Find all the drivers you need now, before the OS install. Particularly the LAN driver.
Save them on a flash drive.

Put the system together, and simply do a fresh install. Deleting all partitions in the process.

Also....
For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Solution