[SOLVED] Question about drives and reinstalling Windows

Jul 21, 2020
Hello!

I'm thinking in upgrading my Motherboard, CPU and Ram. I work in music production so I have several drives to store and stream virtual instruments (which are quite heavy). I have one 250GB SSD for Windows and applications and two 1TB SSD's along with a 2TB HDD. My question is: if I get a new Mobo and reinstall Windows from scratch in the 250GB SSD, will the new system recognize my other drives without formatting them and losing all the data?

Thanks and sorry if is a silly question :)

Solution
Drives with just data and music files, photos, etc., on them will be fine, applications are best freshly installed to where ever for Windows to function with them.... (If you had Office and music editing software, etc., on something other than the C: drive, they will need reinstallation.)
Drives with just data and music files, photos, etc., on them will be fine, applications are best freshly installed to where ever for Windows to function with them.... (If you had Office and music editing software, etc., on something other than the C: drive, they will need reinstallation.)

Reactions: Dave_mercury89
Solution
Jul 21, 2020
Yeah, that would be the idea: Reinstall Windows and all applications from scratch. The other drives have only data and music files, I don't have any program installed on them. I was afraid about the new system not recognizing those other drives but apparently it's ok :)