[SOLVED] Question about Dual Intel LAN on ASRock X299 OC Formula

Amigo1982

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
Hello.
I bid now to win and to buy ASRock X299 OC Formula and i saw in ASRock site description that supports Dual Intel LAN. Quote "Users are able to connect two LAN cables to this motherboard's rear I/O. Dual LAN with Teaming function enabled on this motherboard allows two single connections to act as one single connection for twice the transmission bandwidth, making data transmission more effective "
I have only one internet connection and i can put 2 cables from my router (LAN 1 and LAN2) to this mobo and after that i can setup intel teaming in Windows 10.
Question is will it work with one router or i need 2 internet providers in order to twice the transmission bandwidth? I just do not understand Is it designed like link aggregation to use 2 different connections to increase bandwidth or it works with one ISP?
Other question is how effective will be. Reading other opinions will have no noticeable increase, but if i have this mobo i can try.

Regards.

Solution
Hello.
I bid now to win and to buy ASRock X299 OC Formula and i saw in ASRock site description that supports Dual Intel LAN. Quote "Users are able to connect two LAN cables to this motherboard's rear I/O. Dual LAN with Teaming function enabled on this motherboard allows two single connections to act as one single connection for twice the transmission bandwidth, making data transmission more effective "
I have only one internet connection and i can put 2 cables from my router (LAN 1 and LAN2) to this mobo and after that i can setup intel teaming in Windows 10.
Question is will it work with one router or i need 2 internet providers in order to twice the transmission bandwidth? I just do not understand Is it designed like link...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello.
Question is will it work with one router or i need 2 internet providers in order to twice the transmission bandwidth? I just do not understand Is it designed like link aggregation to use 2 different connections to increase bandwidth or it works with one ISP?
Other question is how effective will be. Reading other opinions will have no noticeable increase, but if i have this mobo i can try.

Regards.
You probably can't put two cables from your router to your PC. It requires special hardware on the router as well to support teaming. Most home routers don't support it. Unless you had greater than 1Gb internet speed (VERY unlikely) or had multiple 1Gb active transfers to other LAN clients, there is no performance benefit.

Solution

HaizRail007

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2015
Router is TP Link 5400X. Internet speed is 300Mbps but i always want some more performance, because my browser has many add-on which slows down the loading page time.
Hello, In order to have two faster transmission, there needs to be two isp's going into the back of the motherboard, hech's Teaming, meaning you take two connections and have them work as 1. In addition, you can connect 2 lan cables to your motherboard via 2 ethernet connection coming from your router, however, this will not provide you with a increase in speed. this will only provide a fail safe if one of your nics goes down for what ever reason. Even if your nic's are in bridge mode. I hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS