Question about DVI cable ...

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013
So I'm no tech expert but isnt my monitor supposed to work when i plug that DVI cable into the graphics card and the monitor ? In my case Ive got syncmaster 2032bw ( second hand so I dont know if everything works correctly with it ) at the moment Im running the monitor with the standard RGB cable at 60 hz but when I try using the DVI one cable( I want it for the 75 hz ) nothing happens .. its like not even connected.. any suggestions ?! what can I do to know which part is broken ? maybe the monitor DVI's input dosent work i dont know .. Thanks in advance !

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013

Well , ive tried every button infront of the monitor , but without success . Could that button be some tiny hole that ive got on the back of the monitor where the DVI and RGB inputs are ?

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013

Hmm are u sure becouse according to a local website of mine its supposed to be 1650x1050 @ 75hz ? Well anyway even if its not i really wanna use the DVI cable :( .

i draw the info from samsung's pdf manual as i have posted.1650x 1050 is wrong. cables apply to Computer display standards. the res you should use is 1680 x 1050@60 Hz. if your dvi cable fails to do that, try another dvi cable! your monitors dvi input isnt necessarily broken. dont rush into conclusions.

Socloseagain

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2013

Yeah that'd be my guess aswell even tho i just bought that cable , it might not be working , who knows :( Also the previous owned says and claims that he only used the monitor with the DVI input so .. weird :(