question about e-mails ..

G

Is there any way to find out if the other person has received the e-mail?
IE v 5.5
Without phoning them, of course, he he.

regards

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
in outlook, before sending the message click "Options" and "Tell me when this message has been delivered"
and
"tell me when this message has been read"

I'm not sure it works on all platforms/servers etc, or is it maybe only on internal/LAN networks...

G

Note that by doing this the other person, if they are using Outlook Express, may get a pop-up dialogue when they go to read their mail saying "the sender has requested a reciept. Do you wish to send one?" or something like that. (I only find it annoying when someone sends me multiple messages a few minutes apart and requests a receipt for each one. I believe that you can also set Outlook to automatically send receipts, but I like to know what I'm sending :)

hypnotic_kumquat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Checking Read and/or Delivery receipt in Outlook will not guarantee that you'll get one. Not everybody runs MS Exchange, and not everyone allows these types of messages.

More likely than not, if you DON'T get some type of error from the receiving server (i.e. bounced message) your mail got delivered *somewhere*. Hopefully to the intended recipient...