Question About Edifier S730 Computer Speakers!

Torguyy

Reputable
May 5, 2014
Hi guys, I am looking for your opinions here...

I currently have the Logitech Z-2300 and they are still really good but they are getting really old now and once in a blue moon the right speaker is starting to cut out, I am thinking of upgrading to the Edifier S730, does anyone know if they are any good? And is it worth upgrading from the Logitech?

Also I wonder if the S730 will be around much longer as they are pretty old speakers from what I understand, do you think they will get discontinued anytime soon? They are currently on sale for $370 on Amazon.ca, is that a good deal or should I keep waiting for a better price and what not?

I really appreciate any opinions you can provide to help me decide if I should pull the trigger or not, Cheers.

Solution
D
Discontinued doesn't matter if they sound good. I've still got old Z-2300s myself that are closing in on 12 or 13 years old. I barely ever use speakers with my computer though. I just like headphones better for gaming.

I'd never heard of the Edifier S730s but they seem to be really well rated. If heavy bass is what you're looking for they seem like a great choice. I'm seeing $499 at Amazon and from Edifier directly and that's $499 US so I'd think $370 Canadian is a good deal. I don't know if they are an item that has regular sales though.
D

Deleted member 217926

Discontinued doesn't matter if they sound good. I've still got old Z-2300s myself that are closing in on 12 or 13 years old. I barely ever use speakers with my computer though. I just like headphones better for gaming.

I'd never heard of the Edifier S730s but they seem to be really well rated. If heavy bass is what you're looking for they seem like a great choice. I'm seeing $499 at Amazon and from Edifier directly and that's $499 US so I'd think $370 Canadian is a good deal. I don't know if they are an item that has regular sales though.

Solution

bboiprfsr

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
anything used is a good deal. If you find something less than an amazon stock price, that's always a better deal, since online prices are way cheaper than BestBuy or in-store retailer prices.

You wonder if a product will be around. That's funny you ask that. Bose, Sony, Logitech... every company "refreshes" their product line with new designs and features every couple of years to remain competitive. For that reason, that gives them an opportunity to sell at high prices to make profit margins. Any item that is a few years older is obviously cheaper. Think economically. It will make sense from a business perspective.

As for being discontinued, that's up to the company. Are they good speakers? Well, they sure cost a lot - and have good solid reviews on amazon. Seems good to me. Although, there's always more budget-friendly options, like Bose and Logitech. You may even go through a different speaker set every 10 years since nothing regarding to electronics lasts a lifetime IMO. Find whatever meets your needs versus asking a second opinion on a high end premium item that is questionable to the internet. we all have different budgets; you seem well-to-do in making high-end purchases. If it's worth your investment to purchase that brand and product, pull the trigger. cheers.