Question Question about failure to load Windows 10 - MoBo failure?

Jun 27, 2020
Hey everyone!

I recently started PC building after receiving an older PC from a friend they no longer used.

My current build is:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
MoBo: Asus M5A78L-m plus/usb3
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050ti mini
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB - DDR3
PSU: Rosewill RP500-2 500W

My problem is that my PC crashed today with the blue screen of death (and shut down before I wrote down the associated code). It then got stuck in a reboot loop where it starts again and then crashes immediately once it tries to load Windows or the Automatic Repair Tool. I saw this is a common problem, but unfortunately none of the fixes online have helped. I am able to get into the BIOS menu and change settings there, though originally it froze when trying to open the BIOS menu and restarted twice doing so.

Things I have tried:
  • Restart/power cycle the PC 3 times to try to force it to open up the troubleshoot menu --> Never worked because it can't get past the Repair Tool so it just continues to restart (even after leaving it to do so for 45 mins)
  • Download Windows Installer on a USB flash drive to try to at least load Windows to view HDD (as seen here:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwK4Zkp0AQM&t=306s
    )
  • Unplug all components, hold power button for 40 seconds, and then turn on with only essential components
None of this helped, as the PC is still stuck in a reboot loop and immediately restarts when trying to load Windows.

I recently upgraded my case and added 3 new fans, and it had problems powering on after completing the build where it would come on for 1 second and then power off. The problem eventually went away on its own after restarting the PC 10+ times. I thought it may have been the power supply, but the problem persisted even without the new fans. Based on looking online, apparently 500W should be enough to power what I am doing. Everything was running smoothly until today when I got blue screened.

With everything that has happened, I think it may be an issue with my MoBo since it was already aging to begin with. However, I want to ask for other opinions since I am new to PC building and don't want to go out and buy new parts if I don't need to (replacing my MoBo means new CPU and new DDR4 ram).

Any input would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Jun 27, 2020
have you tried clearing cmos yet to boot into bios?

EUKkv3k.png
7hHBLXr.png