Question Question about fan control z390 Aorus pro

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
Sorry if this is the wrong place. My cpu is a 9900kf and I have a Corsair Rmx 850w 80+ gold psu. I have a nh-d15 cooler with 2 fans and 3 case fans consisting of 2 nf-14 140mm Noctua fans in the front and 1 of them in the back as exhaust.

In my bios for my z390 gigabyte Aorus pro, no matter what I do I can’t set a fan curve. I can set them all to full speed... but I just want them to ramp up when I start doing tasks. When I game my fans never go above 900 rpm.

I did not put the voltage controller adapters on them, only the extensions so they could reach my headers. My 3 case fans are in pwm mode in the bios but that doesn’t do anything.

During overwatch at 200fps and everything on low, my cpu almost hits 60c for a quick second. My ambient temperature is 77f currently. Obviously this is nothing to be upset about, but it feel my fans should be doing more and my temps should be lower I would think.

Please help me as I am unsure what to do. Thank you

Arbiter051

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2016
I found this thread where towards the end the op said to not bother with the software and to just use your bios. However when I set my curve in my bios it didn’t seem to work :(