Question Question about fitting of Dark rock pro 4 in Corsair 200R

Jul 2, 2021
I'm planning on upgrading to a R9 5900x cpu and a Gigabyte B550 Aorus ATX mobo in about a month.
I currently have a Corsair 200R case with magnetic dust filters so I'm planning on staying with it and just upgrading the CPU, Motherboard and Cooling.

I've had my eyes on Noctua D15 but it wont fit in my case unless you remove the front fan, but I've been recommended be quiet's dark rock pro 4.

It looks like a really good cooler (better than my current Hyper Evo 212 for sure), but the main worry I have is fitting it.

On corsair's site the specification for the 200R case states : "Maximum CPU Cooler Height 165mm ".

Dark rock pro 4 specification states : "Overall dimensions without mounting material (L x W x H), (mm) 146 x 136 x 163"

Now what I'm unsure about is, does the case specification mean total height available (i.e from one side panel to the other) or max available height for cpu AFTER having a motherboard & bracket installed.

because a video for this cooler on kitguru says it reaches over 170mm from the motherboard to the top of the cooler.

Will this cpu cooler fit in my case?

Lutfij

Titan
It would be the latter, often times the dimensions give for max CPU cooler height is after you install the motherboard into the chassis. So until the side panel has any conflicts with the cooler, you have 165mm, meaning 2 mm to spare after the cooler is installed. You sure you don't want to switch to a more concurrent and capable case with better airflow? Back in the day the 200R didn't need to cater to hot headed hardware.

Jul 2, 2021
It would be the latter, often times the dimensions give for max CPU cooler height is after you install the motherboard into the chassis. So until the side panel has any conflicts with the cooler, you have 165mm, meaning 2 mm to spare after the cooler is installed. You sure you don't want to switch to a more concurrent and capable case with better airflow? Back in the day the 200R didn't need to cater to hot headed hardware.

If the cooler fits the current case with the mobo and bracket I'd be satisfied.

It's mostly a budgetary thing and also because of the dust filters (cost me around 60$, while the case was close to 100$), I'm really satisfied with them, and it mostly fits my needs (fits 2 exhaust fans on top, 1 exhaust back, 1 intake on bottom, and 1-2 in the front.)

The upgrade for the cpu, cooler and motherboard are already scratching the higher limit of my budget so if possible I'd prefer not to buy a new case if this one fits.