[SOLVED] Question about Frequency on Cellular 4G booster

wegadk

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am having poor connection speed due to living on the outskirts of the city and wanted to try cellular signal booster for 4G. I am not an expert there please bear with me. From what I found out according to my Iphone field test that the frequency of my provider runs is at 1800mhz or band 3.

I was looking over available boosters that are simple to install and found on Amazon SureCall EZ 4G that is plug in play however I had trouble finding out if it will be compatible with 1800mhz band 3 as it seems since its US company that booster uses:

Uplink Frequency Range (MHz):698-716 / 776-787 / 824-849 / 1850-1915 / 1710-1755 (G Block Included)
Downlink Frequency Range (MHz):728-746 / 746-757 / 869-894 / 1930-1995 / 2110-2155 (G Block Included)

Will it be compatible for 1800mhz band 3?

Looking for any advice or suggestions

Solution
It depends on what "boost" means. If it is purely a passive device with a antenna you point at the tower a cable you run inside and a second antenna that is fine.

Did you not even go back and read the fine print on the device you listed as the previous poster indicated. The reason it is likely illegal is because no cell provider will actually give you approval which means the exception is void. In general they may allow boosters but you must obtain permission. If you try to use it without approval it is illegal.

This is from the manufactures site on this device.
"
BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider's consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal...
You should also be very careful, check with legislation where you are, generally they are illegal, you are not permitted to broadcast on these frequencies......most sites state this in their fine print. Operators pay huge fees for the licensing of these frequencies!

wegadk

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
You should also be very careful, check with legislation where you are, generally they are illegal, you are not permitted to broadcast on these frequencies......most sites state this in their fine print. Operators pay huge fees for the licensing of these frequencies!
I am not broadcasting anything, its merely boosting a signal so it reached my house, its completely legal. I am not causing any interference that way.

It depends on what "boost" means. If it is purely a passive device with a antenna you point at the tower a cable you run inside and a second antenna that is fine.

Did you not even go back and read the fine print on the device you listed as the previous poster indicated. The reason it is likely illegal is because no cell provider will actually give you approval which means the exception is void. In general they may allow boosters but you must obtain permission. If you try to use it without approval it is illegal.

This is from the manufactures site on this device.
"
BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider's consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters. Some providers may not consent to the use of this device on their network. If you are unsure, contact your provider.

You MUST operate this device with approved antennas and cables as specified by the manufacturer. Antennas MUST be installed at least 20 cm (8 inches) from any person.
You MUST cease operating this device immediately if requested by the FCC or a licensed wireless service provider.
WARNING. E911 location information may not be provided or may be inaccurate for calls served by using this device.
Please note, the four largest carriers - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint - and more than 90 regional carriers have given blanket consent for use of all boosters certified to the new FCC standards.

"

This tends to be why the only way to get devices like this it to buy them directly from the ISP

Solution