Question about full tower cases.

xJellyBeans

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
If i was to get a full tower case. Would i need to get a larger motherboard to accompany the size of the case? And do full tower cases make it easier to support larger graphics cards without sacrificing HDD slots?

Solution

ATX full tower cases support mATX boards as well (the holes are the same the boards are just shorter) often mITX boards fit as well, so no you don't need a larger board, you just may end up with some wasted space. As for larger GPU support it depends on the case but most full tower ATX cases are deep enough to fit the largest of GPUs without interfering with the HDD slots.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

ATX full tower cases support mATX boards as well (the holes are the same the boards are just shorter) often mITX boards fit as well, so no you don't need a larger board, you just may end up with some wasted space. As for larger GPU support it depends on the case but most full tower ATX cases are deep enough to fit the largest of GPUs without interfering with the HDD slots.

Solution

xJellyBeans

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Thats perfect then. Because my current nzxt phantom 410 and gtx 770 means in limited to just 2 HDD. So i was planning on upgrading to the nzxt 820 for my new PC build. Plus the larger case would help with my poor cable management hopefully :D. Thank you.