Question Question about G.Skill TridentZ compatibility with X399 Motherboards

Aug 15, 2019
Hi. I'm going to purchase a X399 motherboard for my 2990WX, and I'm struggling to find if the ram I already have is going to be compatible. I'm between the Asus ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha and the MSI X399 Creation, and I own four modules (64gb total) of this ram: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB F4-3200C16D-32GTZR (latencies are 16-18-18-38 as per manufacturer recommendations). That ram is not listed in the QVL pages of both motherboards (so one could think they are not compatible), the one listed is F4-3200C16D-16GTZ (XMP), which has 16-16-16-36 latencies. I may upgrade my ram later, but I want to know it the one I have is indeed incompatible. I'm not going to OC, and I'm even willing to underclock if necessary because my main goal is stability and reliability, not memory performance. Maybe lowering ram frequency and uping the voltage to 1.35v to achieve the apparent recommended latencies (16-16-16-36)? I'm not experienced on rigs this high end and I'm always been an Intel guy, so sorry if these are ignorant questions (I'm trying to learn and read, though).

On a side note, I asked to Asus customer support about this, and they said that the ram I own is not compatible with the Zenith Extreme Alpha because "it was tested with the motherboard and found out that it wasn't reliable". How reliable is that answer, I don't know.