Question about g2a

Raaied

Honorable
Apr 23, 2017
Hello

i know there is a lot of talking about this website, but my question is, if the seller have good rating, is ts safe to buy?

for ex,

battlefield 4 on this link

https://www.g2a.com/battlefield-4-ea-origin-cd-key-global.html?___store=great_britain

dac13374a0d4fb4.jpg

secound question, i dont have paypel, is it safe to buy using master card?

please advice

Solution
I stopped using G2A because they have specifically been caught selling keys they knew were stolen and taking their time when acting on it. I assume other key sites might be similar and I really hate that they want you to buy insurance in case they are selling you stolen goods. On that note be really careful with the G2A insurance as they try to trick you into a subscription not just a one time fee; they will bill you the insurance fee every month.

As for legitimacy of keys I've only had one key go bad and it was a Windows 8.1 Pro key that worked for three months and then deactivated. Might have been a problem on my side but I suspect not. I've never had an issue with Kinguin, but things like Greenman Gaming, Bundle Stars, Humble...

Raaied

Honorable
Apr 23, 2017

Thank you

so there is a risk even with good ratings?

ceponatia

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

It's slightly less "safe" as eBay. A lot of people slam G2A as being a scam or unsafe but if you use common sense the chances of you getting ripped off are very low. I have about 800 games on my Steam account and purchased probably 1/6th of them on G2A and have never encountered a stolen key or plain old rip off. Not once. Some people say "you just got lucky" but the reality is I used my brain before I purchased something.

Only buy from reputable sellers! If the seller has 95% positive rating and hundreds of votes, they're probably legit. It's a virtual guarantee. If you DO encounter a problem with a seller like this, they are more likely to refund your money.

If the key seems to good to be true, it might be... If someone is selling a brand new AAA game for $5, it's probably not legit. These sellers will almost always have low ratings or no votes so if you follow the rule above you won't even get this far.

Like eBay and other direct-seller websites, it's a gamble. But like I said I've been using G2A for years and have had literally zero problems and it's saved me probably about a thousand bucks.

In the link you posted I'd say that guy is most definitely reputable (I think I've bought from him, actually).

Raaied

Honorable
Apr 23, 2017

Thanks a lot, is it ok to buy using diract master card or visa? becouse i dont have paypal..

ok what if the key is global?

razamatraz

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
I stopped using G2A because they have specifically been caught selling keys they knew were stolen and taking their time when acting on it. I assume other key sites might be similar and I really hate that they want you to buy insurance in case they are selling you stolen goods. On that note be really careful with the G2A insurance as they try to trick you into a subscription not just a one time fee; they will bill you the insurance fee every month.

As for legitimacy of keys I've only had one key go bad and it was a Windows 8.1 Pro key that worked for three months and then deactivated. Might have been a problem on my side but I suspect not. I've never had an issue with Kinguin, but things like Greenman Gaming, Bundle Stars, Humble Store are all actually legit and I would always check there first.

Solution

ceponatia

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

I've only ever used Visa so I don't see an issue with that. Of course I'd never say an online transaction is ever 100% safe but it's as safe as any e-commerce site.