Question about G4560

Argy__Tsisfe

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hello guys and gals, I recently decided to go for a PC build on an extremely tight budget, so of course the beast G4560 has to be a part of it. I decided to skip the graphics card for the time being for obvious reasons. However, I recently had a conversation with a friend who claimed that due to the massive workload the CPU will have to manage, its life span will be shortened considerably, or it will probably get busted soon. Now, that seems like nonsense to me but I'd like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
the high usage of a cpu does not dictate how long it will last, how cool it remains during stress time will though, so maybe consider a better cooler (H7 or C7 for example and can be reused at later time on better cpu) for your G4560 if you see the temps of the cpu being over 80'c otherwise your friend might be thinking of a cpu that is being overclocked (which will reduce your lifespan of cpu depending on the OC pushed)
the high usage of a cpu does not dictate how long it will last, how cool it remains during stress time will though, so maybe consider a better cooler (H7 or C7 for example and can be reused at later time on better cpu) for your G4560 if you see the temps of the cpu being over 80'c otherwise your friend might be thinking of a cpu that is being overclocked (which will reduce your lifespan of cpu depending on the OC pushed)

Solution

Argy__Tsisfe

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017

Thanks for the quick answer, I was on the same track of thought with you but I just like to be sure. I have not used a CPU with integrated graphics before to be honest so I had to ask just in case.