Question about Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-DS3H and Ryzen 2200

Jul 16, 2018
SO im trying to build a budget pc, I found Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-DS3H in decent price, so i want to get it with a Ryzen 3 220.

They are compatable? Some pages said the are incopatable, some others said that they are.

Is a good idea to buy it? I want to overclock the 2200, so this MOBA is a good idea, the next cheap MOBa i found is 40$ more so i want to know if this is an option.

And do ddr4 2400 4gb Ram x2 is enougth? I read that you need faster RAm to overclock de GPU in de Ryzen 3.

Solution
Yes it's compatible, with the right BIOS update.

If the motherboard box has a 'Ryzen 2000 Ready', or something similar, sticker it has a Ryzen 2000-compatible BIOS. You may need to update it to the latest for full capability but at least it will boot up and let you do that with your R3 2200.

You don't NEED faster RAM. The Ryzen Chip will overclock just as well with slower RAM. But because a portion of the chip, called Infinity Fabric, operates at 1/2 the RAM speed then the CPU is benefited by faster RAM. Also, if this is a Ryzen APU ( I think you meant R3 2200G) the graphics processor will also benefit even more by faster RAM.
Yes it's compatible, with the right BIOS update.

If the motherboard box has a 'Ryzen 2000 Ready', or something similar, sticker it has a Ryzen 2000-compatible BIOS. You may need to update it to the latest for full capability but at least it will boot up and let you do that with your R3 2200.

You don't NEED faster RAM. The Ryzen Chip will overclock just as well with slower RAM. But because a portion of the chip, called Infinity Fabric, operates at 1/2 the RAM speed then the CPU is benefited by faster RAM. Also, if this is a Ryzen APU ( I think you meant R3 2200G) the graphics processor will also benefit even more by faster RAM.

Solution
Jul 16, 2018

Thanks for the answer, so wich speed should i get? 3000? In my country the difference in speed xhange the price by a good amount, so i want to know the optimal, or it can be oC?

Ryzen can be picky about memory. If you're OK getting 3000, even though you may not get it stable above 2666 or so, then by all means get it. Otherwise, I was able to get my 2666 kit up to 2933 stable but it took some doing on my R7-1700.

If you want best assurance your memory is high speed get what's called b-die memory, with RAM chips made by Samsung. Generally, those are found on kits at 3200 speeds and above. As you might guess, they are most expensive and will have very low timings even at 3200...like 14-14-14. The APU's love it for graphics speed, though. Your games will appreciate it!

Jul 16, 2018

Thank you a lot!