[SOLVED] Question about GPU fan RPM

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
So i was wondering, what is a safe GPU RPM that will not effect the longevity of the fans.
For example, i was playing dying light 2 a couple of hours ago on all settings set to high, and VSYNC on, i noticed that my GPU temps get up to 70C and RPM for both fans will get around 1900 RPM.

My question is, does that effect the fans? i mean does it make the fans die quicker or anything? ever since i RMA'd my GPU because one of the fans died (keep in mind that gpu was in use by one of my friends for a year an half until he gave it to me because he bought a new one) the new GPU i got arrived yesterday and i installed it on my pc.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
They're designed around 100% operation, so therefore: 'Yes'.
That you have the freedom to set rpm is more of an icing on the cake kind of thing.
Things sometimes fail suddenly, even if you're really careful. Thankfully, fans are cheap to replace, and there are DIY solutions using case fans.

A couple tips:
1)It's a little easier on the motor to run at a constant speed rather than constantly change.
2)Due to gravity(oil seepage), gpu fan bearings wear out faster in the vertical position.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That you have the freedom to set rpm is more of an icing on the cake kind of thing.
Things sometimes fail suddenly, even if you're really careful. Thankfully, fans are cheap to replace, and there are DIY solutions using case fans.

A couple tips:
1)It's a little easier on the motor to run at a constant speed rather than constantly change.
2)Due to gravity(oil seepage), gpu fan bearings wear out faster in the vertical position.

Reactions: iMatty
Solution

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019

A couple tips:
Well the manual fan curve thing i dont really like messing with, i feel like i would <Mod Edit> up something in the process so i just leave it the way it is, since am not really going to OC the card in anyway.
And about the vertical position u mean when the fans are facing the bottom? well i cant really do anything about that since my case doesn't really support that neither i have a PCI cable extender or whatever its called.

Last edited by a moderator: