Question Question about gpu over utilization

Jul 22, 2020
Hi,

I am currently trying to problem solve the high gpu utilization I am experiencing while having incredibly low temperatures. I currently have a 1660 super and will experience crashes / fps drops while my gpu never exceeds 50' C. The GPU should tolerate going as high as 70+ ' C, but it becomes over utilized far before that, and it is not as though I have my gpu submerged in liquid nitrogen or something. What might be the culprit? I have downloading the gpu-z log file and have examined it, but I am not sure what is an indication of a problem. TBH I'm not entirely sure the problem is with the GPU either, but my cpu temps never rise above 72'C and the utilization for my cpu is rarely above 60-70%, but the gpu routinely reaches ~95% while being cold.

I have attached a link of Two PNG's of the gpu-z txt file below. I think I have an idea what the issue is, but I'm completely speculating and I would have to pony up some $$$ to even figure out if I'm correct. Can one of you more intelligent people help me out please? I would really appreciate it. Thank you :D

View: https://imgur.com/a/r9hv9rb

My specs:

cpu: 4790k 4.0 ghz
ram: 16 gigs gskill ddr3 1333 mhz
gpu: gtx 1660 super 6 gigs gddr6
and the os is on an ssd with ~40 gigs to spare.

ASK THE COMMUNITY