Question About GTX 970 Free Game Deal (Newegg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowGrapeJ

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014
Hi. So I was planning on building a PC with a GTX 970 and I was gonna save up and buy all my parts together. But after I saw the Nvidia free game deal with Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight, I bought the graphics card first because I figured it would be smart if I took advantage of that deal. And so about two or three days later, I got something in my email from Newegg (the place I bought it from) telling me about a product key. Which I am assuming that means the free game code. Which leads me to this question. Does anyone know if the codes actually expire? Like if I don't redeem them before June 30, will they not let me get my free games? Or are they referring to new people that haven't actually bought the card yet? Because I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if my code ends up not actually working.

Solution
Hello HollowGrapeJ,

The redemption codes for the NVIDIA Witcher promo do expire on July 01, 2015. We hopes this helps! Feel free to contact us at wecare@newegg.com if you have any further questions or concerns and we'll be more than happy to help! Thanks~

Newegg Support
William

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello HollowGrapeJ,

The redemption codes for the NVIDIA Witcher promo do expire on July 01, 2015. We hopes this helps! Feel free to contact us at wecare@newegg.com if you have any further questions or concerns and we'll be more than happy to help! Thanks~

Newegg Support
William

Solution

HollowGrapeJ

Reputable
Sep 27, 2014

Thanks! Sorry forgot to reply back to this earlier but I used the codes in advance just to be sure.

gabdx

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
A great way of making returns nearly (to be confirmed 1 month later) impossible

You think you will get a free game with the purchase of the component, which is a nice incentive to purchase it.

Before returning the component, which was defective, I obtained a partial refund amount quote on the value of the component MINUS the value of the free game. I contacted new egg and they agreed to refund the *free game as well, which is very tricky to refund something free which was subtracted for your item value... make the customer looks stupid right?

They refunded the partial on the value and promised to refund the game later. This is not happening on their part, playing me around, meanwhile I keep buying more from them.

Please do not bite to this company lure.
You will be shuffled around by everyone, all their Cust rep, and their fake internal refund emails. Prepare to have a merry go round ride worth hundred of dollars in wasted time, wasted typing, wasted emails, wasted time to worry about your money new egg is not ready to refund without very serious trouble, or never will. Buying with paypal will also means less protection in this very case, the trick of sleeves is performed there and try to explain this to your CC after. Paypal *supposedly resolution of the case is also pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.