Question Question about i5-13500 and suitable MoBo.

Mar 5, 2023
Hi,

I will be very grateful if I can get some help.

This is my first new desktop with i5-13500.
I liked MSI pro B760M-A because of the 2 HDMI and 2 DP ports. I hope I can use two HDMI 4k monitors and one DP 2k monitor simultaneously /with intel 770/.
The question is - is this MB has enough power delivery /VRM capability/ or whatever they mean it for i5-13500?

If I understand correctly the other option is to use MoBo with 1 HDMI and DP and to put discrete VC in order to add additional HDMI port?
/if the built-in ones and the discrete can work simultaneously/!?

Thank you very much in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://www.msi.com/Motherboards/Products#?tag=PRO-Series
There are 3 SKU's for the B760M-A, which one have you narrowed down to?

The i5-13500 can support up to 4 displays. Regardless of which variant you look at, the motherboard doesn't specify if there are limitations on how many panels you can connect at the same time, which in essence leads me to think that you can go ahead with your plan to work with 4 display though please be wary that they are all HDMI 2.1 and DP 1.4 if you want to take advantage of 4K 60Hz.

In all honesty, the Pro series of boards from MSI are like the bottom of the barrel style boards, they might look feature rich but they're built with subpar componentry. It's not going to stop you from building with them but if you're looking at something robust, you should look at a higher tier of boards, which will also bump up your cost on the board.

Mar 5, 2023
The problem is not budget but the 4 ports on MSI pro B760 - no other like it /I mean MSI Pro B760m-a WiFi DDR4/.
So, I guess the better option is MSI mag B760 Mortar and ext. GPU for additional ports
/if the built-in ones and the discrete can work simultaneously/!?